Zuid-Afrikaans Hospital is currently seeking Registered Nurses to join our Intensive Care Units (Cardio ICU, Multi ICU, and General ICU) for both day and night duty shifts.
As a Registered Nurse in the ICU, your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure assessment, planning, executing, and supervising the implementation of cost-effective holistic care to meet patient needs.
- Practice patient care according to your Scope of Practice and assume total responsibility for these activities.
- Ensure a safe working environment in accordance with health and safety standards and policies.
- Collaborate with the multi-disciplinary team to ensure all patients’ needs are met.
- Maintain accurate patient records and conduct audits to ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Create a safe patient environment by enforcing infection control principles and policies.
- Participate in Doctor’s rounds and ensure that requests and prescriptions are executed according to hospital standards.
- Assist with in-service training and orientation when applicable.
- Control, bill, and manage stock according to hospital protocols.
- Manage and care for equipment, reporting faults to the clinical engineering department.
- Maintain a healthy relationship with external stakeholders by reporting and escalating unresolved issues to the Unit Manager.
- Perform all duties in accordance with the South African Nursing Council (SANC), Department of Health (DOH), and Office of Healthcare
- Degree or Diploma in general nursing science.
- Qualification in Medical & Surgical Nursing Science: Critical Care, will be an advantage.
- Current registration with South African Nursing Council as registered nurse.
- Work experience in a private hospital will be an advantage.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in an Intensive Care Unit is essential.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not receive feedback from the hospital within four weeks of the closing date, your application was unsuccessful.
Zuid-Afrikaans Hospital and Bronberg Pharmacy are equal opportunity employers.