Thank you for doing your part in the fight against COVID-19
We are pleased to announce that Zuid Afrikaans Hospital is now registered as a vaccine site.
Vaccines are administered at the previous Emergency Department.
- Address: 255 Bourke Street, Muckleneuk, Pretoria. Main Hospital Entrance.
- Hours of operation will be between 8:00 – 16:00, Mondays to Fridays.
- Telephone number: 012 740 1372. Kindly note that we experience extremely high call volumes. You patience in this regard is highly appreciated.
Kindly find below the process to follow for vaccination purposes:
Kindly note that the registration and booking systems are provided by the Department of Health. ZAH is therefore obliged to use the system provided.
- Please ensure that you have registered on the EVDS System. The public can register on: https://vaccine.enroll.health.gov.za/#/
- Once you have registered, please book your appointment on : https://bookings.v4hcw.co.za. (Our experience has shown that if you cannot make an appointment it means that the booking is full – please continue to visit their website)
- Vaccination is strictly per appointment only due to capacity constraints.
- Please keep to the appointment date and time as allocated to you.
- Walk-ins can expect a waiting time of 3-4 hours at this vaccine site.
PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING TO THE VACCINE SITE
- Proof of identity (e.g. ID/driver’s license/passport).
- Medical aid card.
- Registration sms/email received from the Department of Health.
Upon arrival at the hospital, please follow these steps:
- Visit the COVID-19 screening station in front of the main entrance of the Hospital.
- Report at the COVID-19 Vaccine reception desk to complete the necessary form.
- Verification will be conducted.
- Vaccine will be administered.
- Post-vaccine observation for at least 15 minutes.
The average duration of the process can be up to one hour or longer. Please expect delays in busy periods.
If you answer yes to any of the following statements, you cannot be vaccinated:
- Pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Have been vaccinated with any other vaccine in the past 14 days?
- Currently sick with any illness?
Please inform the vaccination staff if:
- You have an immune system disorder
You have a suppressed immune system or have been diagnosed with any immunodeficiency and are currently taking medication.
- You are taking any blood thinning medication or have a problem with bleeding or bruising
The vaccine is administered through intramuscular injections and bleeding and bruising may occur at the injection site of the upper arm. Anyone receiving blood thinners or with low levels of blood platelets or diagnosed with any clotting disorder (such as haemophilia) may experience this.