COVID-19 Visitor Guidelines
Zuid-Afrikaans Hospital appreciates the vital role that visitors play in the recovery and wellness of our valued patients. We welcome all visitors back to the hospital, whilst managing the risk of transmission to patients and staff associated with our hospital.
Patients & Visitors
The following arrangements regarding visitations are:
- Each patient will receive a visitor card to be used for all visitations. Patients will nominate their first visitor.
- Nominated visitors can collect the visitor cards at reception.
- This card must be used for all patient visits and the card will be stubbed. Visitors without visitation cards will not be able to enter the hospital.
- Kindly use the main entrance when visiting patients. No visitors will be allowed to enter the hospital from the Doctors Consulting Building.
- Unfortunately, visitors will not be allowed to visit on the day of admission.
- One visitor per patient.
- Visitation is allowed twice a week on Mondays and Thursdays only
- The visitor may visit the patient for a maximum of 15 minutes at any time between 13:00 and 15:00.
COVID-19 Unit Patients
- The Multi Intensive Care Unit will facilitate the fist visit for patients who are COVID-19 positive or suspected of COVID-19 infection.
- Only one visitor per patient will be allowed once a week on a Friday.
- The visitor may visit the patient for a maximum of 15 minutes any time between 13:00 and 15:00
Prepare for your visit
All visitors will be screen prior to entering the building.
Visitors who have any COVID-19 related symptoms will not be allowed entry. This is without exception.
Please be attentive to wear a mask over your nose and mouth, in addition to correctly wearing any other personal protective equipment as directed by Hospital staff.
- Kindly note that buffs and masks with filters are not allowed.
- If you do not have a mask, you can purchase a mask at the Main Reception.
- Social distancing must adhered to at all times.
The health and safety of our patients, visitors and health professional staff remains a top priority at Zuid-Afrikaans Hospital. Thank you for understanding and co-operation.