We currently have a vacancy for a Registered Nurse in Cathlab.
This position is a permanent night duty position.
- Practice patient care according to his/her scope of practice and assume total responsibility for these activities.
- Render and promote cost-effective, safe, and quality patient care in accordance with hospital standards and policies.
- Ensuring the correct use of theatre equipment and instrumentation by educating and supervising staff on the correct utilization of the
- Be active in preparing the theatre, and replenishment of stock, consignment, and instrument replenishment of the operating room allocated to a procedure list.
- Ensuring that the patient is comfortable and assist the doctor during the surgical procedure to ensure a safe environment with optimal patient care.
- Practices the principles of infection prevention and all Standard precautions by following the companies IPC policies.
- Ensure that all documentation is maintained accurately and timeously reflecting theatre procedures and care pre-operative, peri-operatively and post-operatively.
- Responsible for assessing, planning, executing and supervising the implementation of care to meet patient needs.
- Maintain a healthy relationship with external stakeholders by reporting and escalating unresolved issues to the unit manager
- The team member will perform nursing duties in accordance with the South African Nursing Council (SANC), Department of Health (DOH) and National Core standards
- Degree or Diploma in general nursing science.
- Qualification in Operating nursing science will be an advantage.
- Current registration with South African Nursing Council as registered nurse.
- Work experience in a private hospital will be an advantage.
- Experience in scrubbing in a Cathlab is essential.
Qualities we are looking for:
- Effective communicator.
- Show empathy and compassion.
- Service Orientated.
- Planning, organizing, delegation
- Time management skills.
- Conflict management and problem solving skills.
- Value diversity.
- Apply company values in the workplace.
- Assertive and confident.
Interested candidates must please submit their CV’s and support documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 14 January 2024
Only shortlisted candidates to be contacted. If you did not receive feedback from the hospital within four weeks of the closing date your application was unsuccessful.
Zuid-Afrikaans Hospital and Bronberg Pharmacy is an equal opportunity employer.